Led by BJP State President & MLA Sat Sharma, a delegation of Jammu and Kashmir BJP called upon Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh, at Srinagar and submitted a memorandum containing the view point of the party on various issues confronting the state.
The delegation comprised of State General Secretaries Dr. Narinder Singh and Pawan Khajuria, Chief Spokesperson Sunil Sethi, MLC Sofi Yusuf, Vice Chairpersons Khalid Jahangir and Dr. Ali Mohammed Mir, senior leader Dr. Drakshan Andrabi, Kashmir Media Incharge Altaf Thakur, Hospitality & Protocal Incharge Arif Raja and District Presidents of all the districts of Kashmir.
Copy of the memorandum is enclosed.
Memorandum for kind consideration of the Union Home Minister, Sh. Rajnath Singh ji.
The Jammu & Kashmir BJP welcomes the efforts of Central Government and its agencies to destroy module of militancy in the valley and which has met with unprecedented success. In recent past, we have witnessed sharp decline in militancy support base in valley and the impact of strategic investigations by NIA has constricted the financial support and base of separatists and militants/stone pelters. Without money, the anti-national movement cannot last long and we will soon witness an era of peace in state. The State BJP demands that NIA investigation scope be broadened and all supporters of separatism be investigated. If provision is added for immediate confiscation of properties of separatists, militants and their over-ground supporters and speedy trial to be concluded within six months, it will send fear down the spines of supporters of anti-national elements and break the back of the militancy.
The State BJP is also witness to history in making when Supreme Court is hearing plea against 35A, which has only helped separatism ideology and secluded the state from National mainstream. We are bound by “Agenda of Alliance” not to do anything active to change constitutional position but decision by Supreme Court will go long way in bringing era of peace in State.
The State BJP requests the Centre government to continue good projects being executed in state and would request for undertaking further Jammu centric projects especially in respect of infrastructure and tourism. The State BJP requests for taking early steps for laying railways line from Jammu to Poonch and Jammu to Doda, to bond these two neglected regions more intimately with Jammu and national mainstream and thereby thwart designs of enemies of nation who spread communal separation and hatred in these regions.
· The State BJP is of the considered view that the Rohingyas from Mayanmar should not be allowed into J&K state and demands that those who have come should be deported without any delay.
· The rehabilitation package for persons of Pak occupied Kashmir settled in Jammu and elsewhere should be immediately given effect to and ensured that no genuine refugee from PoK is left out from the package. Some 5300 families among them who had left the state were excluded by the then State government in 1971 and even on their return back to state, they are still being denied the rehabilitation package announced by PoJK.
· As an immediate measure, the identification certificate that was being provided to West Pak Refugees and later on stopped, should be again resumed. This will facilitate their employment in central services and security forces.
· PM’s Rehabilitation Package of 6000 jobs to Kashmiri migrants should be forthwith provided to them. These migrant employees should be provided adequate, secure and suitably located residential accommodation in the valley.
· To provide protected shelters to the border people, bunkers need to be constructed for individual families to instil a feeling of security among them.
· Large number of families of border areas stand deprived of their fertile agriculture land because the same fell outside the border fencing and they are required to be provided adequate compensation for the loss of access to their land and its produce.
· The border people be provided special insurance for their live stock which invariably gets injured and killed by firing from across the border.