The state government today on the floor admitted that irregularities and misappropriations were committed by certain DDO’s (9 sampled DDOs) of Police department in the carriage of constabulary and hiring of vehicles during the Parliamentary and Assembly election 2014. And, maintained that DGP has referred the matter to the Crime Branch to initiate a time bound inquiry into the matter. However, govt failed to disclose the exact time period to complete the inquiry and punish the erring officials.
This question was raised by MLA Ramnagar Ranbir Singh Pathania. He asked the government about the amount of funds received by the State from Centre and spent under the Security Related Expenditure during the last five years. Minister Incharge Home replied that Government of India provides financial assistance to various states including Jammu and Kashmir who are suffering from militancy/naxalism, on 100 percent reimbursement basis, in respect of specific objects of expenditure approved by the government of India.
The Internal Audit wing of MHA conducts audit of SRE on quarterly basis and the claims for reimbursement are forwarded to the MHA, government of India through the state finance department on monthly basis and on receipt of these claims the MHA considers reimbursement of only 60 percent of the claim and remaining 40 percent of the claim is reimbursed, after the due audit, the reply said.
The Minister Incharge Home informed that 100 percent claim has been reimbursed for the period from 01-10-2014 to 31-3-2015 and 01-04-2015 to 30-09-2015 amounting to Rs 280.50 crore.
MLA Ramnagar further asked about the punitive action taken/being taken in the light of CAG report regarding misappropriation of SRE to the tune of Rs. 115.68 crore meant for “carriage of constabulary and hiring of vehicles” during 2014 parliament and assembly elections.
The Minister Incharge replied that the Accountant General (Audit) vide his report dated 28 march 2016 addressed to DGP, has, inter-alia, pointed out certain irregularities and suspected misappropriation committed by certain DDO’s (9 sampled DDOs) of Police department in the carriage of constabulary and hiring of vehicles during the parliamentary and assembly election 2014.
The DGP has referred the matter to the Crime Branch to initiate a time bound inquiry in the matter. While the aforesaid enquiry report is awaited, a proposal to undertake a detailed audit through finance department in respect of expenditure incurred by all DDOs on carriage of Constabulary during Parliament/ Assembly elections 2014 is under consideration, reply further said.