Political Resolution passed in BJP State Executive Meeting at R.R. Farms, Samba
DRAFT POLITICAL RESOLUTION
BJP State Working Committee in its meeting highlights the various steps taken by the State as well as the Government at the Centre for the welfare of the people and for the general interests of the state as a whole and unanimously resolved the following:
- The Working Committee endorses the policy adopted by the Government of India towards Pakistan and against the separatists and the terrorism. The Government has been successful in isolating Pakistan in the international community for encouraging, breeding and feeding terrorism not only in India but throughout the world. State BJP is of the firm view that the unrest in the Valley in 2016 was pre planned by Jehadi fundamentalist groups duly supported and abetted by ISI, Pakistan and the terrorists groups operating from Pakistan soil. The strikes across the Line of Control have given a good message to Pakistan that India is not going to tolerate the terrorism sponsored by it and shall give a befitting reply to any mischievous act on its part. This action of India has raised the morale of the security forces and of the common masses of the country.
- The Working Committee considers the demonetization as a historical and bold step taken by the Government of India. It shall diminish the menace of black money which was working as parallel economy, end the hawala transactions, give blow to the circulation of counterfeit currency, and adversely hit the terrorist activities not only in Kashmir valley but entire country. At the same time it will strengthen the national economy, enhance the number of tax payers, increase the GDP and control the prices of essential commodities in the long run and ensure to place the economy of the country as a front runner. Further, people welfare schemes launched by the Modi Government would get sufficient funding and impetus.
- The Working Committee laid emphasis that the State Government should promote cashless transaction in all the departments. That shall help in eliminating the corrupt practices and allow the benefits of various schemes launched to reach directly to the citizens.
- The Working Committee appreciates the State Government’s budgetary proposal for inclusion of nine crops namely paddy, wheat, maize, apple, mango, saffron, pulses and oil seeds under “PM Fasal Bima Yojyna’ to safeguard the interests of the farmers in case of damage to their crops due to natural calamities. The setting up of one demonstration unit of integrated farming system in each constituency has also been proposed. The Government’s established procurement centres for maize and paddy for providing minimum support price to the farmers.
- It hails the State Government’s decision of initiating the process for distribution of Rs 2000 crore rehabilitation package among the POJK Displaced Persons of 1947, 1965, and 1971, as sanctioned by the present Government at the Centre. This has happened because of the firm resolve and constant efforts made by the BJP in the last so many years for the settlement of the POJK displaced persons who have been agitating for the justice. The things could materialize when BJP led Government at the centre and collation Government in the state came to power.
- The Working Committee also welcomes the step taken by the State government to provide a dignified life to the West Pakistan refugees who have been denied the permanent resident status in the state, though they migrated seventy years ago in 1947, by issuing the Identity Certificates to make their recruitment possible in the Centre Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and in other centre services, while adopting an humanitarian approach to the issue. They have been suffering and denied the genuine opportunities to lead an honourable life and earn their livelihood as dignified citizen of India. The previous successive governments of Congress have exploited their agonies as a part of vote-bank politics and did nothing to provide them any sort of relief. The inclusion of Lubanas and Sher Gojri communities in Backward Class category is greatly welcomed.
- The Working Committee is of the view that the families of those who were responsible for recent unrest in Kashmir Valley should not be rewarded in any way and demands strict action against all such elements as per the law.
- It also hails the decision of the State Government, which was pending for the last more than six years, regarding advertisement of 2100 plus posts for the recruitment of Kashmiri migrants and the decision to settle other issues pertaining to release of salaries, ration, maintenance of colonies, etc.
- State BJP appreciates the decisions of the State Government of enhancing the ex-gratia compensation to state martyrs of military and paramilitary forces and victims of cross border firing in the border areas.
- The Working Committee resolved to pursue extension of GST bill to J&K State which shall benefit the common consumers, traders and the businessmen.
- The Working Committee shows its great appreciations for taking keen interests in the overall development of the state and thus sanctioning many academic institutes, like AIIMS, IIT, IIM, Biotech Park, Institute of Mass Communication, initiating good number of projects, schemes just as clearance given to two major power projects, 1856 MW Sawlakote and 930 MW Kirthai-II hydro-electric power projects at an estimated costs of Rs 22,000 crores and Rs 5500 crores respectively, to make state self sufficient in power generation.
- The State Power Development Department has provided budgetary support of Rs 01 crore to each constituency for maintenance of existing infrastructure and under UJALA scheme distributed 46lakhs LED bulbs.
- Leh and Kargil Hill Development Councils should be empowered for the implementation of various projects initiated by the Centre and State Governments.
- Government should pursue the cases against those involved in corrupt practices and cases are registered with State Vigilance Commission.
- The supply of ration at subsidize rates be ensured and pending ration delivery from November 2016 be expedited.
- State BJP has contributed Rs. 50 lakh for the establishment of Guru Gobind Singh Chair in Jammu University. The State Working Committee lauds the decision of the party for fulfilling the long pending demand of the community
- The 73rd and 74th amendments in the Panchayat Raj Act should be extended to the State
- Illegal migrants from Bangladesh and Myanmar residing in the Jammu region should be deported.
- The working committee strongly recommends to State Government for setting up of Delimitation Commission for Assembly Constituencies
- The State Working Committee applauds the various initiatives taken by the Government of India to ensure rapid and sustainable development of the country in order to place India amongst one of the leading countries of the word. The programmes like Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Model Village, Smart City and complete electrification of the country, house for everyone are aimed at to develop Modern India which can match with any developed country. The present Central Government must be complemented for its policy to reform the administrative structure, giving emphasis on education and health sector, for making the Government responsive, transparent and accountable to the society apart from its pro-poor and pro-downtrodden policies.
- The BJP is celebrating this year as Birth Centenary year of Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhaya and the party resolves to follow the path shown by him and work for fulfilling his dream of Antodaya.