A delegation of BJP Unit Kagil today met Abdul Ghani Kholi Minister for Animal, Sheep Husbandry and Fishers to apprise the Hon’ble minister about the issues faced by the people of district Kargil.The delegation was lead by President BJP Unit Kargil Shri Mohammad Ali Majaz and comprising of its Executive Bodies and Seniors Members.
Mohd Ali Majaz took the occassion to thanked the Hon’ble minister on behalf of the people of the Kargil (Ladakh) district for the sanctioning of the Zojila Tunnel, Inclusion of kargil Airport in UDAN Scheme and to declare Kishtwar – Panikar road as National Highway and 10% SDA for the employees working in difficult areas like Kargil-Leh (Ladakh) Region.
Some of the main issues taken up were the following:
1. Filling up of vacant position of vertinanary doctors at Animal and sheep husbandry Kargil District on urgent basis.
2. Infusion of Marino and Karakul blood in the entire sheep population of the district with the aim to improve the quality and quantity of wool and mutton industry.
3. Technology from Iran country can be used to explore more possibilities in this sector particularly in the Carpet Industry for which Karakul Wool is perfect.Karakul Sheep Fram which is established in Kargil way back in the 70s.
4. Health coverage to all the sheep and goat population of the district to prevent losses due to contagious and non contagious diseases.
5. Upgradation of cattle with gorsy breed through artificial insemination with frozen semen technology as well as with natural service.
6. Value addition and market linkages to animal produce especially surplus milk of farmers. Conservation and propagation of native breeds of yak and zanskari horse.
7. Up gradation of veterinary centers at various block of kargil district.
8. Sanctioning of initiatives for establishing fish farm, sheep and goat units.
The Hon’ble minister gave a patient hearing to the delegation and assured them of taking up the demand at the earliest. He also sought the cooperation of the local populace to the department so that they could provide better services to the citizens. He reiterated the coalition government’s commitment to the upliftment of the remotest region of the state. At the end he asked BJP Unit Kargil President to convey congratulations to the people of Kargil on his behalf.
The delegation was comprised of Senior leader and Meida Incharge Suffan Jafari, BJP District Organiser Lama Paljor, BJYM state Sectrey Mohammad Hassan Pasha and Prabhari BJYM Kargil, BJP Senior leader Mohd Qasim, Zakir Zakiri District General Secretary, Akhon Niyaz Ali join sec, Mohd Ali Khoti Casher, BJYM District President Mohd Hussain Baba and besides a large number of a senior members.